3. If the email contains information or attachments that you need to read later, file it in a folder called READ. Once you have read it, remember to file it in an appropriate folder for future reference.
If action is required
1. Take appropriate action and either delete or file the email.
2. If the action required will be ongoing or you do not have time to respond, find your preferred method of highlighting the email.
• flag the email for follow up
• change the subject line of the email (e.g. ACTION email final report by 5/25/09)
• move the email to an ACTION folder (remember to review the folder regularly)